Follow my blog!

Monday, December 20, 2010

My review of So Over My Head by Jenny B. Jones!

4 of 5 stars for craft, and 3 of 4 hearts for spiritual content and healing hearts.

So Over My Head (The Charmed Life)


About the book:

Newly single, stalked by a killer, and in desperate need of some chic clown shoes--Bella is one skinny mocha frapp away from total meltdown./BpWhen the Fritz Family Carnival makes its annual appearance in Truman, Bella's keen reporter instincts tell her the bright lights hide more than they reveal. Her suspicions are confirmed when one of the stars is murdered. Though the police make an immediate arrest, Bella doubts this case is quite that simple.pShe needs her crime-solving boyfriend, Luke, more than ever. Problem is, his ex-girlfriend has moved back to town, giving Bella some murderous thoughts of her own. Then again, there's no time for a relationship crisis when Bella's doing her best to derail her father's wedding and stay one step ahead of a killer.pIs God sending her a message in all of this madness? With a murderer on the loose and her boyfriend's ex on the prowl, this undercover clown has never had more to juggle--or more to risk.

My review:


Loaded with snappy dialog and hilarious situations, So Over My Head was a good conclusion to the series. I didn't like Bella as much in this book as I did in the other two, but I was still rooting for her when she uncovered different things that needed to be exposed. That chick was still very stubborn, but always tried to do the right thing, and I had to admire that about her. She also had issues with men that made her afraid to trust. This was well done, and very realistic. I loved how she had developed a pretty strong affection for her new family throughout the series.

Luke was the perfect hero for Bella even though they were not together through the majority of the story. He had her best interests at heart, which was admirable. I loved how Bella still got all weak in the knees whenever he was around. The closer, the better. The author really knows how teens think, and it shows in her writing. She even knows how to make morbid things sound kinda funny, though a few times I found Bella's flippant inner thoughts (about the dead) a bit condescending. That inner dialog didn't bother me much until the third book for some reason. But it wasn't annoying enough to keep me from enjoying the book. Jenny is still my favorite YA author. Always will be.

So Over My Head was published by Thomas Nelson and released in May 2010.

1 comment:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Sounds like a great series. I really need to make time to read more of Jenny's books. I read In Between about a month or so ago and I really enjoyed it! The author has a really humorous voice. Although the story you reviewed sounds like it's much more morbid than In Between.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share