Follow my blog!

Sunday, November 21, 2021

My review of The Genesis (Saints and Sinners book 6) by Dayo Benson

The Genesis: A Contemporary Christian Romance (Saints and Sinners Book 6)The Genesis: A Contemporary Christian Romance by Dayo Benson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a satisfying ending to a tumultuous, yet exciting story about two people in impossible situations that desire each other on so many levels. My favorite thing about this last segment of the series is the slow softening and/or thawing of people's cold/hard hearts.

Several scenes that moved me were the ones showing how you have to forgive yourself to allow yourself to be loved by others. Otherwise you may expend a lot of energy beating yourself up and pushing people away. On the other hand, you could misinterpret things and protect yourself against what you perceive is rejection, but is it really love? And can you truly love someone if you are not connected the the originator of love, who is God?

There are so many themes in this series that touched me deeply. The overarching one in this book is that no one and nothing is beyond redemption and healing. Fantastic ending to a truly compelling series. Loved it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share