Follow my blog!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My review of Catwalk by Melody Carlson!

Catwalk

About the book:

Big Apple. Bigger Problems.The success of the Forrester sisters' On the Runway TV show lands them a hot ticket to Fashion Week in New York City. Paige is determined to garner the attention of New York's top designers, but her newfound fame threatens to go to her head. Erin wants to help promote the work of some eco-minded designers, but struggles to be taken seriously. Can Paige keep her prima donna behavior in check? Will Erin's involvement hurt the people she's really trying to help? Success in the big city comes with even bigger challenges, and as the pressure grows, so does the drama.

My review:

I actually enjoyed this book even more than the first one. I didn't think I would after reading the teaser at the end of the first book, but it ended up being an entertaining read after all. I liked how the author tied in an entirely separate series into this one, too. The Carter House girls make an appearance in this book, which makes me want to go back and finish that series. Anyway, I am looking forward to digging into book three in this series, Rendezvous. So far this series is a YA winner, in my opinion, and I'm not even into fashion. I suppose I identify more with Erin, the sister. That's what is so good about this book. It's easy to identify with at least one character. They are all very different, and they seemed like they could be real people, which is why I am enjoying getting to know them. The characters are easy to relate to.

Catwalk was published by Zondervan and release in June 2010. I purchased this book for my kindle, so my opinion is obviously my own.





Compelling read



Read the first chapter free here...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share