Follow my blog!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My review of Rendezvous by Melody Carlson.

Rendezvous (On the Runway)

About the book:

Paige and Erin Forrester take their fashion-focused TV show to Paris, visiting renowned salons, designers, and international models. They meet up with designer Dylan Marceau, as well as with their new friends Taylor Mitchell and Eliza Wilton. When they take time to visit Eliza's family estate in Provence, romance, jealousy, and some surprises threaten the stability of On the Runway.

My review:

I enjoyed this third book in the series, but it seemed like more of a continuation of the series than a title that could stand on it's own. There were several good things to like about this novel, such as how it built on the two prior books, which I'd recently finished. What I didn't care for was the fact that this book had no real conclusion to it. Nothing seemed to wrap up. I prefer a book with a few loose ends tied together, and this one didn't have that. On the plus side, another great character, Gabin, was introduced in this book. Then...nothing.

Unlike the other books in the series, this one seemed lacking in the romance department, too, regardless of what the description above says. Plus, I find it hard to believe that all of those young adults would be sleeping in such close proximity to each other and absolutely nothing happened. Not even kissing. Seriously?

Anyway, I did worry about Blake for awhile, so that was good. The author also did a great job with the setting and I felt like I was hanging out in Paris with these ladies, and then later at the castle. Other than that there isn't much to say. I am not sure if I'll read the next book because while I liked these characters and this story, I am not sure I want to be pulled through very many more books to get to the end. I don't think I'll last for the long haul. Just sayin'. At any rate, I did enjoy this book and read it in a day. I'm just debating on whether or not I want to continue on because sometimes like with soap operas, these books can just go on and on.

Rendezvous was published by Zondervan and released in August 2010.

star star star

Decent story

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share