Follow my blog!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

My review of Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts



About the book:

Mattie Evans, a young veterinarian in rural Kansas, saves a horse injured in a terrible accident. But she also finds herself tending the wounded relationship between a prodigal son and his ailing father. Love, conflict, forgiveness, and renewal drive the first book of the Seasons of the Tallgrass series.

My review:

Snow Melts in Spring is a good romance packed with tender moments between the main characters and yummy kisses that'd make any romance lover sigh. While a bit repetitious in some areas -like the reasons for the characters not being a good match, I still enjoyed the story and read it fairly quickly. I liked the heroine's vet job and some of the conflict she had resulting from a sense of failure even though she'd done the best she could. I also loved the guilt issue from a past action that plagued the hero and how the hero (for good reason) didn't want to share this information with anyone.

As I read about their budding relationship I was reminded about how important it is to really like the person for who they are before allowing your heart to get sucked into a relationship because of feelings that happen when you are are attracted to someone. I also enjoyed how the author showed that wholesomeness was truly more attractive to a man who desires real love than seduction or the offer of a fling, which doesn't last and often creates disrespect for the person doing the seducing. The faith element in the story was also strong, as was the forgiveness theme and the message regarding the importance of family and heritage. This was a good story with a solid message and I definitely recommend it. The hero was pretty hot, too. :)

Snow Melts in Spring
was published by Zondervan and released in July 2009.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share