Follow my blog!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My review of Suspicious Minds by Christy Barritt!


About the book:

Rock and roll may never die, but the King is definitely dead . . . again. To pay off some bills, crime scene cleaner Gabby St. Claire takes a job doing mold remediation, but she finds a surprise in the dilapidated home's crawlspace: Elvis, dead as a doornail and still wearing his blue suede shoes. How could she possibly keep her nose out of a case like this? A sequel to the popular novel Hazardous Duty.

My review:

Have you ever read a book that was so funny you wanted to read it out loud to your friends? Have you ever found a book with such original inner dialog and snappy attitude that you think, "Wish I'd thought of that." Ever have a story that is so intricately put together that everything is important and every detail is necessary? No words wasted? Well, if you haven't discovered a treasure like that yet, then I suggest you go to the store and order this book now.

Suspicious Minds is brilliant, funny, intense, witty, romantic and downright awesome. I totally loved this book even more than Hazardous Duty, and that's saying a lot because I thought it was the best! And ironically in the midst of all the other stuff going on in Suspicious Minds , there is also a deep spiritual thread that is meaningful, and a kiss or two that would make even the stodgiest reader swoon. Did I mention I loved this story? I don't want to spoil things by giving away important details, so just trust me on this one. It's like a comedy-suspense-mystery and definitely worth buying. Christy Barritt has created a whole new genre.

Suspicious Minds was published by Kregel and released in July 2008.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share