Follow my blog!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

My review of Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray



About the book:

Widower Jonathan Lundy, the man twenty-year-old Katie Brenneman has secretly always fancied, asks her to watch his two young girls while his sister pays a visit to Indiana. Katie knows this will be a trying time. Jonathan has made it clear he has no intention of starting a relationship with her. Yet Katie can't pass up the opportunity to get to know him.

Just as she's settling into her new life caring for Jonathan's children, Katie receives a threatening note from her past, someone who befriended Katie during her Rumspringa, her running around years. Those years were a dark time for Katie. She dressed English, lied to her parents, and experimented with many activities forbidden in the Amish way of life. After one tumultuous night, Katie realized how far she'd strayed from her values. Scared by the person she'd become, she ran back home and vowed to cut all ties with the outside world.

My review:

Wanted is the second book in a series and I enjoyed it even more than the first book, Hidden. Wanted was interesting and a quick read. It definitely engages the reader's heart. All Katie wanted was to be wanted. Pretty profound, eh? Not exactly, but I still loved the storyline. The subtle attraction between the main characters was sweet, too. It's not even close to edgy and is what Amish fiction tends to be, warm and fuzzy. But I did enjoy it. The conflict was believable and the author explored some issues and inner workings of the heart that many novels never touch such as motivations behind friendships and love. I enjoyed this story and plan to keep reading the series because it's not as cliche as some Amish novels can be. This author is one of the better novelists in this genre.

Wanted was published by Avon Inspire and will be released the first week in January 2009.

1 comment:

squiresj said...

I blog without a comment cannot be. I had never heard of you before now. Your books sound like something I would like to read and review for you. May God annoint you as you write for His glory.
jrs362 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I recently realized I have had a friend since 1995 who is Amish and all these years I did not know it until I sent her a book for her birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share