Follow my blog!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tagged about writerly things....my answers.

Cara Putman of Cara's Musings aka The Law, books, and Life blog tagged me.
Here are my answers.

1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?

I've already written a ton of books. I would still like to finish the story I began about my friend who was diagnosed with AIDS. We were best friends in the third grade (I used to practically live at her house) and we still contact each other often. I was told the book is "too depressing" but I may just finish writing it anyway.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

This is a silly question. I have so many books I want to read next that I'd have to blindfold myself and just grab one.

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?


A computer that my aunt bought for our family so my sons could do their homework on it. I didn't start writing anything until 2003. Before that I had no interest. I just loved to read a lot.

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?


The most I've read in one month was probably 12.

5. What's your most favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?

I love my PDA

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don't read historical fiction--shame on you.)

I'm really into WWII fiction, especially when it pertains to the plight of the Jewish people and the Holocaust. I even visited the memorial in DC. I find it fascinating that people can live through such horror and maintain their sanity. I love Tricia Goyer's books about that era.

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

Honestly? As a child I loved anything by Beverly Cleary. As a pre-teen I loved "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret" by Judy Blume. When I was a teenager I remember reading The Amityville Horror and deciding that I would never read horror again for any reason.

Now I'm tagging Angela Breidenbach, Margo Carmichael, Joan Shoup, Sara Mills, and Trish Perry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh girlfriend you are making me cry!! Percy....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share