Follow my blog!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

My review of Rekindled by Tamera Alexander



Rekindled is one of the most powerful redemption stories I've ever read. I kept hoping the heroine's husband would reveal himself to her, and I held my breath every time I thought the truth would come out. The emotional tension kept me reading through the end with anticipation. Of course, my throat clogged more than once, and my eyes watered. A-hem. I love a story that makes me feel something so deep and so rich that it makes me want to love my husband even more.

Truth be told, there are few historical romances that I've enjoyed as much as this one. In my opinion Rekindled ranks right up there with Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. The villains were creepy and seemed very real to me. I loved the characters and the heroine's interactions with the ladies from the bordello, as well as her friendship with the simple-minded man. Excellent characterization. Once again I escaped to another world and loved every minute of it.

I can't wait to read the sequel. Something tells me it's going to be about a teen rescued from the bordello, but I could be wrong. However, given the level of commitment the hero and heroine felt toward saving that poor girl, I'm convinced she'll have an important role in the next book in the series. Did I mention that I love this book? The ending was well-paced, and the timing and resolution was as perfect as any I've ever read. Great climax, and extremely romantic reading! Rekindled was published by Bethany House and released in March 2006.

1 comment:

Margo Carmichael said...

Wow, Michelle, you have me wanting to read the last three you've reviewed. I met Cindy at conference last year. She's a hoot.

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share