Follow my blog!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What I'm reading this fourth week July...

Two days ago I decided I wanted something different, so I picked up Deliver Us from Evelyn by Chris Well. I'm not at all disappointed. In fact, this book is crazy, zany, and twisted, and I totally love it. Talk about quirky characters and complex villains...this story has it all. It's a real page turner. I've never read anything quite like it. I hope to finish it by tomorrow night at the latest so I can post a review. All I've got to say is...bravo!

I'm almost halfway through A Vase of Mistaken Identity by Cathy Elliot. It's also somewhat zany, and though not as compelling of a story (because it's more of a cozy,) it's still interesting enough to keep me reading. In Vase, the author has metaphors that don't always work for me, but the quirky heroine is squirrely enough that her characterization makes up for it. Was that redundant? LOL!

I'm also reading The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck, but I'm in more of a suspense mood this week, so that's on hold for now. I still have Letters from the Enemy by Susan May Warren in my purse. Haven't read that in awhile because I haven't been waiting in lines anywhere, which is a good thing. I hate waiting in lines almost as much as I hate waiting for sequels to come out. LOL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share