Follow my blog!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My review of Joy for Mourning by Dorothy Clark

What a wonderful historical! Joy for Mourning wasn't just a romance, but also an inspirational story about a childless woman who wants to help children in need, and a male doctor who desires to serve God by helping the truly helpless. It's God's definition of true religion...taking care of the orphans and the widows. And the author crafted the story in such a unique way. The inspirational element was truly inspirational, and so much a part of the story that it was seemless, yet powerful. I found Joy for Mourning emotionally gripping and tender. The romantic tension was compelling enough to keep me turning the pages, and the characters were very believable. Of course, the best part of all was the happy ending. This has to be one of the most enjoyable and interesting historical fiction novels I've read in years. The author has a fresh voice and wonderful writing style. I'm putting Dorothy Clark on my list of favorite authors as of today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share