Follow my blog!

Friday, April 14, 2006

My review of Picture Perfect by Debra White Smith



The beautiful cover of this book captured my attention. I read the back and thought a story about a model going on a mission trip to Vietnam sounded interesting. The fact that she also had a psycho stalker made me want to read it. The story was fast paced from the beginning and held my attention to the end. The spiritual theme was strong, but not preachy. The hero was the ideal Christian man, and though he didn't have the drop-dead good looks that the heroine's fiance possessed, his love for the Lord is what attracted the heroine. She and the hero couldn't have been more different, yet at heart they both wanted to serve the Lord. The heroine was very wealthy, and when Jesus impressed on her heart the need to give up everything to follow Him, she resisted at first. How many of us want to serve God, but with the conditions we impose firmly in place? We want to give Him most of our heart, but not all. I enjoyed going on this journey with Mick and Kim Lan. I found the tension and romantic aspect of the story very gratifying. The fact that she had a stalker waiting in the wings made it an edge-of-your-seat kind of read. Overall, I'd say this book was a real winner, and it was so well-written it makes me want to read the rest of the novels in the Sisters Suspense series.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, great review. Well-written, that's quite a compliment coming from someone who knows what she's talking about. Why are the covers blurry btw? You know what it might be? If you post a big pic and then shrink it down, it does that. If you download the thumbnail from amazon or click on "small" when you download the pic to blogger, that shouldn't happen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share