Follow my blog!

Saturday, November 07, 2015

My review of Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money



About the book:

Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide to Money covers the A to Z of Dave’s money teaching, including how to budget, save, dump debt, and invest. If you’re looking for practical information to answer all your “How?” “What?” and “Why?” questions about money, this book is for you. You’ll also learn all about insurance, mortgage options, marketing, bargain hunting and the most important element of all—giving. Now let’s be honest: This is the handbook of Financial Peace University


My review:

I wish I had read this book two years ago. I would have been much smarter about my spending if that had been the case. But moving forward, I believe the things I have learned from the class and from this book will last me a lifetime. I can still change my future. One of the most impacting statements for me was this - You tell your money where you want it to go. Then it doesn't just disappear and you have little to nothing to show for your hard work. Create a budget and follow it.

Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money is an empowering book. Not to mention that the author's writing style is very conversational so it's like he's talking to you when he writes each chapter. The discussion questions at the end of each chapter are also provocative and designed to engage the reader in group discussion. But they are still beneficial if you are reading this alone and just looking for some wisdom/good advice on how to get out of debt and make your money work for you.

This complete guide to money is a keeper and I'd recommend it to everyone who has spent money and wondered where it had all gone. I am now budgeting and not borrowing. No more credit cards. This book has changed my approach on how I view money and I'm grateful for the lessons Dave shared in the book. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share