Follow my blog!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My review of Prize of My Heart by Lisa Norato

About the book:

An unsolved mystery separates ex-privateersman Captain Brogan Talvis from his lost son--his only living relation, his only family. Shortly before her tragic demise, his wife abandoned their infant to strangers, refusing to reveal the child's whereabouts. Now, three years later, Brogan has discovered the boy at the home of a shipbuilder's daughter, Lorena Huntley. Lorena guards a dark secret about her young charge. She finds herself falling for the heroic captain who has come to claim his newly built ship, unaware his motive for wooing her is to befriend the boy he plans on reclaiming as his own--until the day another's evil deceit leaves her helplessly shipbound, heading toward England.As the perfect opportunity to reclaim his son unfolds, Brogan is haunted by thoughts of Lorena in her dire circumstance, and he is forced to make a heartrending choice between his child and the woman who has begun to capture his heart. But only his unselfish sacrifice can win him the greatest prize of all--love.

My review:

Prize of My Heart was deeper and most touching than I expected. I have always been a softy when it comes to stories about orphans and people finding families where they feel like they truly belong. This story was emotionally engaging on so many levels. The romance was sweet, but tender and not at all fluffy. The heroine was a strong woman who loved deeply. She won me over and I could see how she softened Brogan's heart. I also felt crushed when he felt crushed. At the same time, I totally saw what she was trying to help him see, and thankfully, he listened and took it to heart. He was still hurt but saw beyond his pain. I loved that. I can't stand it when people declare to love people deeply, but then in their hurt they hurt the person they love more than they show that they love them. This story didn't do that, so it moved my heart. The ending was wonderful, too. The author's writing was beautiful and touching. This story shed light on forgiveness and what it truly means to let go of the past. It also shows how God wants to free us from hurt and resentment so we can enjoy His will and His plan for our lives. What an encouraging story! Loved it! It's making my favorites list for 2012.


Prize of My Heart was published by Bethany House and released in March 2012.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share