Follow my blog!

Monday, January 04, 2010

My review of Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma

Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Beautiful stirred my heart several times. I found my eyes welling with tears of both heartache and joy as Ellie discovered herself for the first time while she healed from the accident. The author did a great job with character development and making them three dimensional. I loved the interaction between the heroine and the guys in her life. There were some amazing heroes and secondary characters in this book. Even the parents were genuine and believable. I didn't see any plastic characters or artificial faith.

This story had depth and heart. It in no way trivialized the trauma this girl went through and did a great job pointing out how sometimes what people say in awkward situations just hurts people more (God has a plan - true, but grieving people don't necessarily want to hear that when they are hurting.) I, too, felt her pain and the grief she went through. Everything she experienced made sense and was totally fitting her situation. In short, I was this girl. I went through the valley with her, which explains its profound impact on my heart.

I can totally see this novel opening the eyes of many girls who have taken the good things in their life for granted. And like Ellie's sister, Megan, this story should change them. After going through something like Ellie experienced, most things do seem awfully petty and stupid. I highly recommend this book, which was provided by Thomas Nelson for me to review.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share