Follow my blog!

Friday, January 08, 2010

Does Your Blog Post Title Grab Attention? by Penny C. Sansevieri

When I'm in read-a-blog post mode, I'll patiently work my way through my feedreader - and every single time I've done that, I've been astonished again and again at how 'ho hum' the majority of blog posts are titled.
Seriously! I've missed a plethora of truly sterling information because the authors made their blog post sound as exciting as tooth-brushing one of my dog's teeth after their morning meals.

It is CRITICAL that you make your blog posts intriguing enough to stand out of the clutter and visually grab my eyes and say, you MUST read this!!

I would truly urge you to make it a New Year's Resolution to REALLY hone your headline content at the very least. And once you have that mastered, you should also learn how to infuse your posts with emotional hooks that cause your reader to simply DO what you want them to (buy your product, sign up for your ezine, etc.).

Writing in a sales copy fashion is very different than writing for a book and has great rewards after adding it to your online skill set.

Reprinted with permission. Author is Penny C. Sansevieri, Editor penny@amarketingexpert.com

NOTE: You are welcome to reprint any items from "The Book Marketing Expert Newsletter." However, please credit us as a source with the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "The Book Marketing Expert newsletter," a free ezine offering book promotion and publicity tips and techniques. http://www.amarketingexpert.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to do this. thanks for the confirmation. :O)

Kathleen said...

Thanks for sharing that article, I agree. I decide what posts to read based on title. I don't claim to be a master blog post title creator but I at least try to make sure it fits what I'm posting about at the least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share