Follow my blog!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Faith 'n Fiction Saturday!

First, I just want to say that I am honored that Amy of My Friend Amy's blog gave my novel, It's Not About Me, and honorable mention on her top fiction for 2008 list! Whoo hoo! I like that.

Here is the deal...

Today's topic is meant to wrap up the year... What are your favorite Christian fiction books that you read this year? You can compile your list anyway you like, by genre, ranking, or a favorite book of each month. Be as creative as you like the only requirements are that you read the books this year and that they are Christian fiction.

HERE IS MY LIST!

Okay, for the year 2008 these 10 novels made me go ahhhh.... or they made me think about the story after I closed the book, or I wanted to call a friend to talk about the story after I finished reading it. (Had to add two more! I read them after I posted this!)

A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman
Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen
Havah by Tosca Lee
Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner
Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky
Healing Stones by Nancy Rue
Dogwoodby Chris Fabry
When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall

Bonus books are:
Gallimore by Michelle Griep
Sweetwater Gap by Denise Hunter

And these are 5 stories I am pretty sure would've made me go ahhhh... if I'd had the time to read them.

The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner
In the Shadow of the Sun King by Golden Keyes Parsons
Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck
The Big Picture by Jenny B. Jones

So what's your story? Give me your list by posting a comment!

9 comments:

Lynn Squire said...

I've been thinking of reading A Passion Most Pure. I guess it will be one for next year.

Anonymous said...

Wow there is no overlap between our lists. Come on over my list is up.

Becky said...

Until We Reach Home is on my list too.

Becky

I do have the Julie Lessman and Julie Klassen books on my TBR list for next year.

RAnn said...

Beyond the Night is on my list, as is Shape of Mercy

Pam said...

I enjoyed Shape of Mercy, A Constant Heart, When the Soul Mends, Until We Reach Home, and Havah.

Amy said...

Awesome picks! I love how you have books you wish you'd had time to read. :)

Carole said...

It's hard to narrow my favorites down, so here's my list of 13 (in no particular order):

- Snow Angel by Jamie Carie
- Doesn't She Look Natural? by Angela Hunt
- Steal Away by Linda Hall
- A Can of Peas by Traci DePree
- The Color of the Soul by Tracey Bateman
- Coldwater Revival by Nancy Jo Jenkins
- The Oak Leaves by Maureen Lang
- The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down by Neta Jackson
- Tears in a Bottle by Sylvia Bambola
- The Stones Cry Out by Sibella Giorello
- Concessions by Debbie DiGiovanni
- The Secret Life of Becky Miller by Sharon Hinck
- A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann

Martha A. said...

Oak Leaves and Sparrow Hill by Maureen Lang are some that are unforgettable!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post.
My list is:
1. The Circle Series by Ted Dekker (White, Red, Black).
2. Dark Pursuit, by Brandilyn Collins
3. Without a Trace, by Colleen Coble
4. Shade, by John B Olson
5. It's Not About Me, by Michelle Sutton
6. Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
7. Saint, by Ted Dekker
8. The Lost Books Series, by Ted Dekker (Chosen, Infidel...didn't get the other two read.)
9. Skin, by Ted Dekker
10. House of Night Series by PC and Kristin Cast.

It's been a great year. I'm looking forward to reading tons more in 2009.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share