Follow my blog!

Friday, November 28, 2008

My review of Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson

Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody Series, Book 3)

About the book:

Life is gradually coming into focus for 16-year-old Scotty Dawn. Now that they've been reunited with her father, who was presumed killed by the mob, she and her grandmother can stop running. But the trio continues their nomad lifestyle, setting out in search of answers about faith, possible romance . . . and Scotty's mother.

Romancing Hollywood Nobody is the third book in the Hollywood Nobody series. Teen readers will identify with Scotty as she searches for meaning and learns about life and love, while adult readers will appreciate her maturity and unusual perspective on life.

My review:

This is an amazing third installment in an awesome series. I am so hooked on Scotty it's not even funny. I love her personality and the things she is learning. She's one of the best YA characters I've gotten to know because she is quirky and there is so much personality to her. Her innocence is pretty sweet, too. I've particularly enjoyed Romancing Hollywood Nobody because there this (duh) romance in the air for several key characters in the series. I don't want to spoil the fun, so I'm not saying any more. But this entire book was very enjoyable. I also loved the whole tension subplot with Scotty and "the Karissa", especially the part where Scotty deals with wanting to protect her friend Seth "Hottie" Haas. She learns a lot about letting go and allowing people to make their own choices and learn from their mistakes. It's a real growing book for Scotty and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Romancing Hollywood Nobody was published by NavPress (Th1nk imprint)and released in July 2008.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share