Follow my blog!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

My review of Letter Perfect by Cathy Marie Hake


From the publisher:

Ruth Caldwell's mother raised her to be a lady, though with disappointing results. As Ruth searches for her father in the Wild West, she drops her forced refinement like a cumbersome parasol. But the mysterious mayhem that surrounds her journey is unusual even for the bumbling Ruth. Can her new friend Josh protect her?

My review:

This book took me a long time to finish, but not because it was boring. I didn't want to ruin the cover, and it was autographed, so I left it at home. Now that I've finished I wonder what took me so long. The story is charming and witty and the characters are engaging. I loved the suspenseful element of not knowing who was causing Ruth to have so many accidents. Then when the reader discovers who it is, the rest of the story keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering when the perpetrator is going to harm Ruth irrevocably.

The developing love between Ruth and Josh from their common faith and friendship was tender and precious. I really enjoyed that thread in the story; especially when Josh prayed for Ruth. There isn't a more romantic and intimate thing a man can do for the woman he loves than to pray for her concerns while tenderly holding her hands. Josh was the ultimate hero once he got past his concern that Ruth was going to steal his inheritance. The spiritual lessons that came out of this story were divine as well. Overall I'd recommend this story because it will put a smile on your face and keep you reading until the end...as long as it isn't autographed. :)

Letter Perfect was published by Bethany House and released in August of 2006.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so l need an autographed copy for the shelf and one for my grimy paws tee hee Percy....

DeAnna Julie Dodson said...

Oooh, sounds like another one I need to add to my vast TBR stack. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share