Follow my blog!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My review of Temptation by Victoria Christopher Murray...


Book Description:


"Kyla and Jefferson Blake count their sixteen years together as a wonderful blessing from God. Their marriage is passionate, their daughter is a joy, Jefferson's medical career is prospering, and they have loyal friends.

Kyla knows her newly divorced and lifelong friend, Jasmine, is desperately unhappy and no amount of prayer or encouragement seems to help. Yet what Kyla doesn't know is that Jasmine has a plan to move her life forward with the type of man she feels she should have married in the first place.

A man like Jefferson.

Alexis Ward, Kyla's best friend, is single and successful and willing to wait for the right man for all the right reasons. But when "Mr. Right," Dr. Brian Lewis, finally appears, she finds herself facing a new challenge. Does she really have to walk away from what she believes in order to have a man in her life?

As people who love God, Kyla, Jefferson, and Alexis discover, each in their own ways, what happens when they truly allow God to be first in their relationship.



My review:

This story rocked! It sucked me in to the drama from page one. Even though I have plenty of other books to read I kept wanting to read this one. The characterization is fabulous and the emotion is deep. The marital stuff is very well done and the temptation is believable. I particularly enjoyed the spiritual element of this novel. It was very detailed and comprehensive, yet it perfectly fit the story without feeling like a sermon. Probably because the main characters were all Christians. There were some POV issues, but the realistic and emotional depth in this story made up for the small stuff. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

I read this book years ago and I really enjoyed it, too! I especially liked the theme of forgiveness. To tell you the truth, if I were faced with the same situation, I don't know how long it would take for me to forgive my spouse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share