Here's the scoop. My buddy Susan Meissner (who is cute beyond description and a fabulous author) tagged me to play an insane bloggers game. I stunk and tag so don't blame me if this takes you on a wild ride. Since I have to make you all suffer, too, just remember that I only torture people I like. So make sure to thank Susan later. But it's really Mary DeMuth's fault because she tagged Susan first. Anyhoo... If you read to the end you'll see who I've tagged. Here are 8 random things I have to share with the world...
First, these are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
EIGHT RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. My third toes on each foot have a rare genetic flaw that makes my feet tip in at the arch. So all of those flip flops that I wore out funny, and that my mom chewed me out about, check this out... I COULDN'T HELP IT! (I put that in capital letters because mom has been with Jesus nine years now and it's a long way to heaven.)
2. I won my school spelling bee in the fifth grade and got a big trophy (that I currently have my necklaces hanging on...I know, really noble usage) and I won the NY State energy conservation poster contest the same year and got like $25 whole bucks. Big money in those days.
3. My mother was a Franciscan nun. I know, amazing. But it's true. And it's still about me 'cause I'm the offspring, ya know. But mom met dad a year after she left the convent, so there was no scandal involved folks.
4. Okay, this one really shows my naiveté. (For mature audiences only...) When I was in the 7th grade I thought that oral sex was talking about it. (Cheesy, I know. But I was innocent then and I was trying to defend a girl who people were saying got pregnant from oral sex. I said, "You guys are so stupid. You can't get pregnant from talking about it.") Um, duh.
5. I used to take the trash that my family threw away and resell it to the neighbors with my best friend. We used to make some pretty good money doing that. At least enough to buy some candy. I think they just thought we were cute or something.
6. The sight of blood makes me shiver. I could never work on an ambulance or in a hospital. I'm too squeamish.
7. I sold enough girl scout cookies one year that I only had to pay $2 to go to a week of camp.
8. I sing in the shower and I sing in my car while I'm driving down the road. People think I'm nuts. Oh, and I sing on the worship team, too. Not that exciting, I know.
Here are the folks I've tagged... Robin Miller, Debra Ullrick, Angela Breidenbach, Kacy Gramckow, Tricia Goyer, Joan Shoup (J. M. Hochstetler), Trish Perry, and Mary Connealy.