Follow my blog!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CFBA is featuring The Watchers by Mark Andrew Olsen this week..

Buy The Watchers now

MARK ANDREW OLSEN whose novel The Assignment was a Christy Award finalist, also collaborated on bestsellers Hadassah (now the major motion picture: One Night With the King), The Hadassah Covenant, and Rescued. The son of missionaries to France, Mark is a graduate of Baylor University. He and his wife, Connie, live in Colorado Springs with their three children.


ABOUT THE BOOK
Just below the surface among the family of God lives another family tree--one traced in spirit, invisible and ageless, known as the Watchers. For two thousand years they've seen beyond the veil separating this world from the next, passing on their gift through a lineage mostly overlooked. Throughout history they've scouted the borders of the supernatural frontier, but now their survival hangs by a thread. And their fate lies in the hands of a young woman, her would-be killer, and a mystery they must solve....

My thoughts so far...
This story grips you by the throat as you witness a murder on the first page. And you are in the mind of the killer. Though considered suspense, there is a bit of fantasy involved here as well. I would not suggest reading this book before you go to bed since it will give you the willies. It is definitely a page turner. My husband kept wanting to tell me what happened when he devoured this book in a few days, but he refrained. I could tell it was hard for him, but knew he didn't want to spoil it for me. (What is it with my dh and doggies scarfing down books? LOL!)

I'll be going out of town for four days so I will update you again on what I think about this book if I can. Don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me, though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share