Follow my blog!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What I'm reading this first week of December...

My latest tally is 56 books. GAH! I'm getting buried again. I can't read this fast. For those of you who sent me stuff...if you didn't ask first, you go to the end of the pile. If your book is coming out soon, then I try to prioritize those so they are done the month the book is released or when the book is featured on a blog alliance. That said, this is what I'm reading...
Like Sheep Gone Astray by Leslie Sherrod. Yep, started that one again. :) Finally.
The Freedom of the Soul by Tracey Bateman. Fantastic story!!!
Death, Deceit, and Some Smooth Jazz by Claudia Mair Burney. I love her style! My boss saw the cover and read the title and said, "What in the world are you reading now!" Hehehehe. Seriously, after meeting Claudia in person and hearing her speak, I can literally "hear" her voice in her book and I love it!
Coming up next...
Reluctant Burglar by Jill Elizabeth Nelson.
Tangerine by Marilyn Griffith
The Reliance by Marylu Tyndall
If the Shoe Fits by Marilyn Griffith
Hazardous Duty by Christy Barritt
Hell in a Briefcase by Little with Whittington
A Pagan's Nightmare by Ray Blackston
Petticoat Ranch by Mary Connealy
Revealed by Tamera Alexander
Lanterns and Lace by Diann Mills


Books I REALLY want to read but must wait due to other pressing releases are...
Letter Perfect by Cathy Marie Hake
Waking Lazarus by T. L. Hines
Lucky by Staci Stallings
Original Sin and Seventy Times Seven by Brandt Dodson
That Wilder Boy by Kim Vogel Sawyer
Widows and Orphans by Susan Meissner
and last but not least...
He Who Lifts the Skies by Kacy Gramckow Barrett

5 comments:

Catherine West said...

How do you read all these books and STILL find time to write? I'm having trouble with that!
I tend to read at night, when I am too tired to write any more. But then I find myself falling asleep...
What's the secret?

Anonymous said...

I loved He Who Lifts the Skies by Kacy Gramckow Barrett. Have you read The Heavens Before?

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time? And do you offer a speed reading course? I think my limit is 3 books a week, but usually only 2. Great books in your pile.

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Let's see if I can answer all of these in one email...(BTW, In All Deep Places arrived in the mail yesterday and I was SO excited because I want to read it. Adding that to my second stack!)

Lately I haven't been finding the time like I want to. I've been dragging Claudia's book with me everywhere because it's the easiest one to get into and end without forgetting what I read. I took it to CPR with me yesterday and read a few chapters on the drive there with my coworkers and read more during breaks. I don't think I have a secret unless you consider reading the MOST COMPELLING story in bed. It's harder to get sleepy when you're reading something that really piques your interest. Plus, I usually read 3-5 books at a time in different genres so I have my choice. If it's great, it gets read the most or done first (usually, unless there is a deadline on a review on another book.)

And YES! I have read The Heavens Before and I loved it! I love Kacy, too. She's giving me feedback on a chick lit I've been messing around with. :)

Mary Connealy said...

I just read Letter Perfect last night. Excellent and fun. Hazardous Duty is so fun, too.
And I see MY NAME and Petticoat Ranch on your list, Michelle. I love it.
I'm also scared to death, but I still love it. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share