Follow my blog!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

What I'm reading this third week of October 2006...

I'm reading the non-fiction title Embrace Grace by Liz Curtis Higgs...unbelievably insightful book. Very encouraging and just what I need to hear right now. I'm still reading Trial by Ordeal by Craig Parshall but haven't gotten much further. I'm reading Violette Between by Alison Strobel and over halfway done with the story. It's very different. Stay tuned. I'm still reading Like Sheep Gone Astray by Leslie Sherrod. Great story, but I had to set it aside as well as the other books I'm reading to squeeze in The Fall of the Nephilim by Douglas Hirt, which was due to Christian Book Preview last month. I completely lost it in my huge pile so I've got a rush on it. It's very thick, but not boring (thank you, Lord) and I hope to finish it within the next few days. It's a sci fi story about Noah's Ark. Very, very different. I'm still reading The Novelist by Angela Hunt. Wonderful story, but I had to halt reading that one, too, to make my other review. I hope to read Anna's Journey by Nancy Toback when I finish up a few of these books, and then A Vow to Cherish by Deb Raney. I've been wanting to read that for well over a month but it kept getting bumped. Oh, and Generation NeXt Parenting (non-fiction by Tricia Goyer) is now out and I'm going to read that one because I'm in it. Yep, you heard right. I'm in it quite a few times, quoted because I am a gen X parent and one of Tricia's guinea pigs (just kidding.) It was fun helping Tricia with that book. And last but not least I'm reviewing How to Study the Bible for Yourself (youth edition) by Tim LaHaye. I know, it's weird that I'm reading so much non-fiction. I'm a sucker for a good book and have decided to branch out a hair. :)

1 comment:

SHARLENE said...

My goodness, do you have enough books on your plate, girl? I just finished Barbara Warren's The Gathering Storm. Did you review that one? I would like to read it if you did. (Let me know.) I really enjoyed the book, despite the number of publishing typos. You probably speed read so you don't notice stuff like that, but they stick out to me like a sore thumb. Anyway, Barbara's a great writer!

Right now I'm reading Dave Lewis's (Beverly Lewis's husband) book Coming Home. It was pubbed in 2004, so you may have read it some time ago. It's REALLY good.

The week before that I read Molly Noble Bull's book The Winter Pearl. Tell me if you ever reviewed that one, too. That one came out a year or so ago.

Have a good day!

Blessings to you,
Shar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share