Follow my blog!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My review of Obsession by Kathi Mills-Macias



Fantastic, riveting story. About a year and a half ago I read the third book in the trilogy, Ransom, and was totally impressed. I normally don't read suspense, but if they were all like this one (Obsession) I'd be hooked for life. From the first page the author sucked me into the story. Nothing was predictable. There were no pat answers. The emotion was real and the problems the characters experienced were realistic. I was totally impressed with how the author made you want the heroine, Toni, to drop a perfectly good Christian fiance for the "other" man in the story. Talk about perfect characterization! I cared so much about Toni's happiness that I was rooting for her all the way. When it came to her father's death, her gut instincts were correct and she stuck by her convictions despite the pressure from those around her. When it came to her commitment to her fiance, my heart broke for her. It just seemed like a lose-lose situation. Talk about pressure. So many women marry the wrong man because everyone is expecting them to. Throughout the story you think things won't get any worse for Toni, and then they do. I kept turning the pages and was on the edge of my seat for the entire ride, several times late into the night. Oh, and when the "other" man finds true faith, the way the author shows it happening is SO rich and profound. It was totally believable and I loved it! What a great way to explain salvation to someone from the Jewish faith! I'm reading the sequel, The Price, next. Then I plan to read Ransom again (in order this time) because it was good enough to read twice. Order this entire series. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share