Follow my blog!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

My review of Jesus Is: Find a New Way to be Human by Judah Smith


About the book:

Jesus is ____. How would you finish that sentence?

The subject is there, and so is the verb, but what comes next? Your answer could shed light on the path to becoming who you were made to be. In these pages, Judah Smith fills out that sentence again and again, each time further revealing the character of Jesus. He writes as if to a friend, illustrating the importance of Christ’s message to modern men and women. This is a book for new believers, for lifelong followers, and for the merely curious. Judah Smith shows us the Jesus that somber paintings and hymns fail to capture. With passion, humor, and conviction, he shows that Jesus is life. Jesus is grace. Jesus is your friend. Jesus is a new and better way to be human.

My review:

My sister bought me this book as a gift. I am typically not a fan of non-fiction. But I decided to give this book a try just to see how readable and interesting the subject matter would be. I also tend to be a bit skeptical when it comes to the biblical foundation of any non-fiction book. The premise and content inside the pages are built on a solid foundation of biblical Christianity. There is nothing inside the book that would cause a reader to question their faith in a bad way.

While not complex, the message is still pretty deep. It's not written for scholars, but for everyday people. The message is clear...Jesus is everything. Without him, we are nothing. But the message is delivered with humor and good illustrations/examples to help readers understand what Judah is trying to communicate. I read the book in small chunks. It's not something I would recommend reading straight through. Some of the subject matter needs digesting and some you just need to chew on for awhile. All in all I found it to be a very well-written and relevant book that made me think more about my life and how I can have a closer walk with Jesus. That's the bottom line, and the author made me thirsty for more, which is always a good thing.

Jesus is: Find a New Way to be Human was published by Thomas Nelson Publishers and released in 2013.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share