Follow my blog!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My review of Double Identity by K. Dawn Byrd

About the book:

Seventeen-year old Bree has always wanted a sister. She's shocked when she learns that her father is alive and her identical twin sister, Cassie, is coming to live with her. She can't wait for Cassie to arrive. She just knows they'll be best friends.

Bree soon discovers that even though they look alike, they're totally different. Cassie is wild and impulsive. She hates Bree's little town and everything in it, except Bree's boyfriend, Luke. When Cassie becomes obsessed with Luke, she'll go to any length to have him for herself.

Luke has a secret, which Cassie learns and uses against him. She's off her medication and will stop at nothing. She says he's in love with her. He says he loves Bree. Will their secrets destroy them and their relationships?


My review:

Wow, this story was enthralling and I totally loved it! I felt the passion, the desperation, and the angst that comes with young love. So sad how a good thing can become so twisted when an estranged identical twin sister is thrown into the mix, especially one with no moral code. I have always wanted to read a story where one sister poses as the other, and this book satisfied that craving. It was nice to see the contrast in a novel between the beauty of pure love and the sordid side of using others out of a desperate need to be loved. That road is always lonely and empty in the end. The author did a fantastic job of showing that in this novel as well as the consequences of poor choices. I love this author's voice for YA fiction and whenever I hear a new YA novel is coming out by this author, I jump on it. Especially the books in this "Identity" series. I loved all three books, but this one was my favorite. The description was fantastic and the emotion was totally YA and intense. The romantic element was strong, too, and I always love a good romance. It had me desperately wanting to know how the situations would be resolved each time they came up. The ending had a typical K. Dawn Byrd feel to it, as well. Totally satisfying. This book is making my top fiction list for 2012.

Double Identity was published by Desert Breeze Publishing and was released in Dec. 2012.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share