Follow my blog!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My review of Tea for Two by Trish Perry.

Tea for Two (Tea with Millicent)About the book:

Counselor Tina Milano has been visiting Milly’s Tea Shop regularly for the past several months. She has many friends but no steady man in her life. Zack Cooper is a local farmer who provides Milly with fresh fruit and vegetables. As a single parent, Zack is doing his best to raise his teenage son and daughter on his own.
When the kids get in minor scrapes with the law, Milly gently encourages Zack and Tina to work together to draw the teens back before their rebellious natures land them in even hotter water. At first Tina sees the relationship in only a professional capacity, but soon her friends notice the luscious scent of romance in the air and decide to help things along.


My review:


Tea for Two was the sweetest romance! I enjoyed it a lot and read it quickly. The plot was endearing and the author managed to make something painful like abandonment, suicide, divorce, etc. into a story with healing potential for people who are dealing with those issues. I loved that about this story. I've done a lot of counseling in my career and the way the story was set up worked very well because it was ethcial and believable. It was cute, actually. 

The hero was awesome and dreamy, but also very much a "real" guy who happened to be a single dad dealing with typical teen problems. The author handled this very well and did a great job at showing how communication is so important as well as talking about loss rather than pretending everything is fine. I found the story very inspiring. I adored the heroine, too. 

Somehow the author snagged my heart with this novel and kept me reading to the end. She has a way with words and with tenderness in stories. Rather than feeling disappointed by the lack of physical contact between characters, I felt the tension between them was perfectly done and added to the romantic tension in the story. I loved that it was more tender and emotional. It just fit the plot and the characters. Well done!


Tea for Two was published by Harvest House and released in April 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share