Follow my blog!

Sunday, May 01, 2011

My review of Mission: Out of Control by Susan May Warren

Mission: Out of Control (Love Inspired Suspense)

About the book:



Brody "Wick" Wickham is a former Green Beret turned security agent-with a 100 percent mission success rate. No way is his new assignment changing that. Even if it's protecting a diva American rock star while she's on tour in Europe. Except Veronica "Vonya" Wagner isn't just a beautiful celebrity used to having her way-she's the daughter of a U.S. Senator. And she's hiding a dangerous secret. When Wick discovers what's at stake, how far over the line will he go to keep them both alive?

My review: 

Another satisfying romance from Susan May Warren. Loved the Vonya character and the real Ronie underneath the stage makeup and the fear. The hero--her bodyguard--was very manly and heroic. I could picture him in my mind's eye as he worried for her and protected her from the unknown threat to her safety. And those kisses...wow! I loved the insight both characters gained as they got to know each other and faced their fears together. Sparks flew when they first met, and those sparks never let up. One of the things I love most about Warren's romantic suspense novels is the layering of her characters. I love how she used their common affection for blues music to knit their hearts together. Warren's characters are always so complex, easy to empathize with, and exciting to root for. The twists and turns in this novel were well done. Nothing is easily overcome, and that always makes her stories a delight for me to read. 

Mission: Out of Control was published by Steeple Hill and released in March 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share