Follow my blog!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

My review of I Love You This Much by Lynn Hodges, Sue Buchanan.

I Love You This Much: A Song of God's Love 

About the book:

Share God's love for his children through this moving story about the love between a parent and child. This sweet little tale is based on a beautiful lullaby, I Love You This Much, sung by a parent to a child, as a gentle reminder to children of just how much they are loved by their earthly parents — as well as their heavenly Father. Filled with picturesque illustrations that reflect the soothing melody and gentle words, you and your child will treasure the precious moments shared together with this wonderful story, I Love You This Much.

My review:

I enjoy reading books to children that have cute illustrations and have a Christ-themed central point to the story. In this case the symbolism in I Love You This Much points directly to God the Father's love for us all. It shows through the story how secure we are in God's saving grace and how willing He is to forgive us and take us back in His arms. This is demonstrated in the dialog between two bears, one being the parent and the other the child. This illustrated book would be a great way to get children to ask questions about God, but I love that the story also provides readers with Biblical answers. Did I mention that the pictures were super cute? I just wish I'd had this book when my kids were small.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share