Follow my blog!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My review of Celebrities for Breakfast by Shelley Stout.

4 out of 5 stars for craft and 2.5 of 4 hearts for healing and spiritual themes.

Celebrities for Breakfast (Girlebooks Contemporary)

About the book:

Personal shopper to the stars, Judith Collington, refuses to spend one more day in LA, answering the demands of her Hollywood clientele. To escape, Judith and her daughter give up their lucrative lifestyle to run a bed and breakfast in Illinois. Judith prepares to purchase the property, until it changes hands in a poker game. New owner: Hollywood actor and part-time egomaniac, Ren Spencer

My review:

I enjoyed this romantic story. It took me a few chapters to get to know the characters enough to be committed to the reading the book, but once I got hooked I kept wanting to read the story. There were a lot of good things to glean from this novel besides a few heart-warming, tender kisses. There was also a good message about forgiveness and the importance of good communication in relationships. There was also the theme of doing what you need to do for yourself, and not just to please another person or you'll lose respect for yourself. For some reason as I read this story I kept imagining Ren as a Brad Pitt type dreamy actor. He definitely became more heroic as time went on. I ended up really liking the teenage daughter. Judith was also a good heroine. The story was well-balanced and fun. Though not a Christian novel, I found it inspiring and would recommend it to people who enjoy a good romance and don't mind an occasional cuss word, though they are few and far between. I would definitely read a sequel (or another novel) by this author.


Celebrities for Breakfast was published by Girlebooks.com and released in August 2010. I won this book on Freado and this review is my opinion and not influenced in any way by the fact that I won the book. I've won books I haven't liked at all and have posted that opinion when it applies. Oh, and you can by this e-book on Amazon for kindle for only $2.99! It's well worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share