Follow my blog!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Now I'm giving away The Pravda Messenger by Robert Cornuke & Alton Gansky

To enter to win a copy of this book simply post a comment about missing fathers. Do you know anyone who never knew their father or loved them but then something happened and they never saw him again? I will pick a winner next Sunday. Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday.



About the book:

Tanya Novak will never forget the night, seven years ago, when she had to flee from the KGB, leaving her wounded father behind. She hasn't seen him since.

Nor does she understand the mystery that swirls around Feodor Kuzmich, the man in the coffin under the Russian monastery where her father was wounded. And what happened to the gold snuff box that the priest took from that coffin and gave to Yuri, Tanya's father?

Attorney Shannon Reed's life was fairly uncomplicated — until she and Carolyn Dawson, the personal secretary of billionaire R. C. Cooper, purchased an old bloodstained Civil War Bible in Phoenix. On Carolyn's way home to England, her plane crashed in Colorado. Now the Bible, in its impact-proof case, is missing...and R.C. insists that Shannon be the one to follow the trail.

That trail will introduce Shannon — and Tanya — to a long list of odd characters, all of whom seem to want something very badly. Which ones can they trust — and which not?

And what is the explanation for the bizarre gift that has set Tanya apart since her birth in Russia's far north?

My thoughts:

I don't have this book but ironically parts of it sound like a book I wrote about ten books ago and decided to pitch because my writing stunk even though the story rocked.

15 comments:

Anastasia Cassella-Young said...

My missing father! Once upon a time when I was the oldest of three my father was ever present at my sister's wedding and not smiling. She had a kid out of wedlock. At my own wedding he glowed the fatherly pride. I was in New York and he was 52. I went uptown and came back to my husband saying that my brother had called from my hometown in Maine. Maine being about 12 hrs. away from me in New York. My father had died suddenly and I had just seen him three days earlier when I went home for another funeral. I didn't mourn him b/c I hadn't seen him dead. One night I had a dream. It was my father. He and I sat down at the kitchen table and talked and talked. I suddenly turned to him and asked him why he was here because I knew him to be dead. He told me "You will see." Upon wakening that next morning I was in tears. It seemed that my dream with my father talking to me had allowed me to come to terms with his passing and I was able to mourn. This was two years or so after he died.

WK said...

It does sound interesting. How do authors go about researching on Russia and the KGB? I thought that kind of information was still hard to get, so it is mostly made up from the author's mind?

hugs,
WendyK

fredamans said...

Thank you for the entry. This book looks fantastic.

My story is a little different. My own father who is passed now, I only met a year before he died.
I tried my whole life to contact him, though he denied I was even his. Then in 2007, he decided to meet with me. We hit it off, and also he admitted I was his daughter. At the time I met him, he was riddled with diabetes, alzheimers, and heart disease. In July of 2008, he died. And a piece of me went with him.

That's my sad tale. Thank you for allowing me to share.

Mark said...

I was in the Big Brother program for a few years, and the kid I had, from age 12-16, had never met his dad - the guy had walked away from the marriage when the mother wouldn't abort.

Thanks for entering me
marcus802001(at)yahoo(dot)com

Margaret Metz said...

My real dad is... I don't know where.
When I was was young he abused my mom, my sister and I. My mom had the courage to leave him - and remarried a military policeman. I haven't seen him since.
I don't know anything about his family.
Sometimes I wonder, but I don't want that kind of violence around me or my kids.
This sounds like a great book.
leesmithwriting at yahoo dot com

Sara - artst4christ said...

I know families where the father wasn't really in the picture but none of the families I knew well enough to find out where the father was or if the kids knew him at all. My father luckily has always been there and I love him very much. I'm interested in the book and I'm glad I came across the blog I was missing the shoutlife giveaways :-)

apple blossom said...

Sad to say but many kids today don't know their dad or have contact with them for one reason or another.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

Anonymous said...

missing fathers huh? well hows this grab ya... after all these yrs of thinking that my fathers last name was Day, my mother and her ex hubby say ya know you might me a Shaw.. so l am now 43 and dont know who my real father is..
Percy

Edna said...

Just lost one of my brothers this past week, please pray for his family. They had just celebrated 50 years of wedded bliss.

Please enter me into the contest for the book.

May God bless

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Katie Marie said...

I do not know what it is like to have a missing father, neither to I know anyone who does know their father. But the book looks really good! I am always facinated with stories of what people went through during that time. It is amazing the strengh some of them had!

legacy1992(at)gmail(dot)com

Deborah M said...

I don't know anyone who has not had their father in their life. I'm sure it would be a hard thing to come to terms with. Please enter me in the contest.
Deborah M.
debbiejeanm[at]gmail[dot]com

Stitchin in the Sip said...

What a sad topic...A missing father. I have never known any one personally. The loss they must feel. How sad especially if the father chose to leave. The joy he has missed as he child has grown. The memories that can never be recaptured.

ryspenc@yahoo.com

Giveaway Lady said...

I have a dear friend who just recently lost his father. They were very close and I know it is hard for him. This book sounds like a very interesting read and I love all of Alton Gansky's books. Please enter me in the drawing.
Thanks!
esterried@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know anyone that has a 'missing father.' what a tragedy. this book sounds very interesting. please add my name to the giveaway draw.

thanks

karen k
kmkuka(at)yahoo(dot)com

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

and the winner is...

Paula!
ryspenc@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share