Follow my blog!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

My review of Healing Promises by Amy Wallace

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Facing a new threat.

When FBI Agent Clint Rollins takes a bullet during a standoff, it might just save his life. But not even the ugly things he’s seen during his years working in the Crimes Against Children Unit could prepare him for the overwhelming powerlessness of hospital tests revealing an unexpected diagnosis. If only Sara weren’t retreating into doctor mode…he needs his wife now more than ever.

Frozen in fear.

Sara Rollins is an oncologist with a mission–beating cancer when she can, easing her patients’ suffering at the very least. Now the life of her tall Texan husband is at stake. She never let the odds steal her hope before, but in this case, the question of God’s healing promises is personal. Can she hold on to the truth she claimed to believe?

Faith under fire.

As Clint continues to track down a serial kidnapper despite his illness, former investigations haunt his nightmares, pushing him beyond solving the case into risking his life and career. Clint struggles to believe God is still the God of miracles. Especially when he needs not one, but two. Everything in his life is reduced to one all-important question: Can God be trusted?


My review:

Amy Wallace can write a gripping tale of romantic suspense like none other. And Healing Promises was so riveting I finished it quickly despite my busy schedule. The characters were all very well developed and felt so real. I loved how romantic many of the scenes were, especially with Clint and Sara. Yet, they had their marital challenges, too. There were never pat answers to the trials they went through but true emotion and spiritual struggles abounded. I loved the honesty and the detail regarding Clint's struggle with his health. The research was very well done. I also loved how the author got me hooked in advance on the characters of Michael and Hanna. It's a no brainer that I am going to want to read the next installment in this series. I loved these secondary characters and the issues they struggled with. Very well done. This story had so many touching scenes and emotionally gripping conflicts that I can't pick one to discuss without spoiling the story. So I'll refrain. I have to say, however, that the POV of the killer was pretty creepy but very realistic. The psychology of the man was right on target and the hunt for the man who killed children was well paced enough to keep you on your seat and holding your breath. Sometimes when I read a book I find myself wanting to skip over some points of view to get to others but this story was well balanced in that respect. I'm just so impressed with this story. I loved it even more than the first book. It can only keep getting better. Highly recommended. This book is a winner!

Healing Promises
is published by Multnomah and was released in April 2008.

1 comment:

Amy Wallace said...

Wow. I'm honored! Thank you so much for your amazing review.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share