Follow my blog!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm giving away a copy of Winds of Sonoma by Nikki Arana

To enter the drawing for this book just enter a comment and I will put your name in the hat. I will pick a winner on Wednesday. Make sure to leave me a way to contact you if you win!



About the book:

Angelica Amante is facing the toughest decision of her life. Should she accept a promotion at a prominent New York law firm or follow her heart and risk her entire career?

Angelica Amante is the only daughter of a wealthy horse-ranching family and a rising legal star of a prominent New York law firm. But when shes offered a promotion, she finds herself facing one of the toughest decisions of her life. Should she continue to work for a company that profits by taking advantage of the poor, or take a stand against injustice and risk her career? Then Angelica meets Antonio Perez, the oldest son of a poverty-stricken family in Guadalajara, Mexico, and her compassion for the poor is reawakened. When Angelica and Antonios worlds collide, they find themselves at a crossroad of faith, love, and selfless commitment that will forever alter their lives. The Winds of Sonoma, book 1 in the Regalo Grande series, is a must-read for anyone whose heart is captivated by selfless love, compassion, and truth.


My review:

I read this book back in Sept 2005 and here is my review from way back then...

I read many books that I never post, but this one is a must read for romance lovers. The author did an amazing job at making the reader fall in love with the hero and empathize with his plight. The conflict was excellent and I couldn't stop reading this story until I found out how they made it past all of the cultural barriers to find true love. Since it is based on a true story, you can feel the author's passion about the subject matter, but not in a preachy way. I laughed and I cried. I saw everything through the perspective of the characters, who were realistic, and very well developed. The symbolism throughout the story is also wonderful. I literally felt the hero's love pouring from his eyes whenever he looked at Angelica. Well done!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, a story with a moral dilemma. It sounds really good.
doot65[at]comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

Tarasview said...

I'm a romance lover! pick me!

taradawnrobertson at hotmail dot com

Janna said...

I love Nikki's book As I Have Loved You, but haven't read this series, please add my name...

Janna
ryanx6 at msn dot com

Anonymous said...

I would love to win Nikki's book! I haven't got to read any of her books yet but would love to. Please enter me in the contest.

Lela Fox

bubbysgammaw@peoplepc.com

apple blossom said...

I love romance so I guess this book was meant for me. Count me in.

windycindy said...

Hello, I can empathize with Angelica's situation! Two vastly different worlds colliding and then love entering the picture is not easy! Please enter me in your drawing for this love story. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

SmilingSally said...

A lawyer with a dilemma? Hmmm. Please consider my name for this one.

Carole said...

I love a good romance, and this book sounds very interesting. Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy.

cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Anonymous said...

I would like to read this book. I really enjoy books that are based on real life stories. Thanks for your giveaway.
njones127 at tampabay dot rr dot com

ChristyJan said...

This sounds like a wonderful read. Please enter me.
hawkes(at)citlink.net

petite said...

A wonderful romance with the right ingredients. Thanks for this great giveaway. Would enjoy this unique novel.
rojosho(at)hotmail(dot)com

Karazay said...

This sounds really good. I love books based on true stories. Please enter my name.

nerakdunbar[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

Thanks!

Bebemiqui said...

Great giveaway! Count me in. bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kat Bryan said...

This sounds very interesting. Please include me in the drawing.

Carolynn said...

Oh, this sounds like a good one! Please enter me, thanks!

ReadingRobin said...

Great review Michelle! Please enter me to win,
cmrobin at bellsouth dot net

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

And the winner is...

windycindy!!!

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

And the winner is...

windycindy!!!

Nikki Arana said...

Cindi - I'll get this out right away. And for all of you who said you like novels based on true stories and moral dilemmas, you'll find both ingredients in As I Have Loved You.

Actually, all my books have moral dilemmas. In the Shade of the Jacaranda is about an unplanned pregnancy, and The Fragrance of Roses is about a child with cancer and the search for a blood match.

They all confirm that God's ways are mysterious and beautiful

Blessings. Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share