Follow my blog!

Monday, February 25, 2008

My review of Bluegrass Peril by Virginia Smith


About the book:


WHO KILLED HER BOSS?

Local police had tagged single mom Becky Dennison as their prime suspect. But she'd only been in the wrong place at the wrong time… admittedly, with her boss's lifeless body. Sure, it looked bad, but Becky had no motive for killing the man—even if she had opportunity.

Then, Scott Lewis, handsome assistant manager of a nearby horse farm, entered Becky's life. Soon the amateur detectives were hot on the trail of the murderer…even as their feelings for each other deepened. And for Becky and Scott, this race on the Kentucky tracks had the greatest stakes of all: life or death.

My review:

Bluegrass Peril seemed more like a cozy mystery than a suspense, but I enjoyed it. I usually don't finish most of the LI Suspense stories I begin so this one kept my attention. It was romantic, but that part was minimal. The ex getting back into their lives definitely perked up the tension and I liked how she concluded that sometimes things seem right and people would like them to be right, but they are still wrong for you. I felt for Becky because she had a rough deal being a single (divorced) parent with two boys. I understood her situation and desire to restore her family, but was glad when she came to her senses. I also thought the breeding barn scene was LOL funny! Poor Becky was mortified, while Scott was oblivious.

Bluegrass Peril was published by Steeple Hill LI Suspense and was released in December 2007.

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

I really liked this book. I love everything of Virgina Smith's that I have read. :)

Anonymous said...

dont think l could read this one... all l went through with out my kid-lets... Percy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share