Follow my blog!

Monday, December 31, 2007

My review of Finding Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn.



About the book:


In FINDING FATHER CHRISTMAS, Miranda Carson's search for her father takes a turn she never expected when she finds herself in London with only a few feeble clues to who he might be. Unexpectedly welcomed into a family that doesn't recognize her, and whom she's quickly coming to love, she faces a terrible decision. Should she reveal her true identity and destroy their idyllic image of her father? Or should she carry the truth home with her to San Francisco and remain alone in this world? Whatever choice she makes during this London Christmas will forever change the future for both herself and the family she can't bear to leave.

My review:

This was a nice, cup of cocoa kind of read. While it had some poignant and soul-searching moments, I didn't find it very deep or compelling. But then again, I'm not much of a warm fuzzy Christmas story kind of book reader, either. So there was not enough conflict to make my heart respond. But it was a nice story and I want to read the next book in the series. I want to know what will happen to Miranda's love life since this story had no romance in it at all. Maybe if the book had been longer than a novella the author could have probed the inner workings of her heart more. But given the limitations of the word count, the author did a good job with this novel. It was well-written, and I finished it, which is a rare occurrence these days. Need I say more?

Finding Father Christmas was published by Faith Words and released in Oct. 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good book, and l will do about anything for a cup of cocoa :) Percy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share