Follow my blog!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My review of Remember Me by Maureen Lang...


From the Publisher:
Josef von Woerner is a wanted man, only he doesn't know it. Raised to love Germany above everything else, Josef once had few qualms about taking any action necessary to deprive the Allies of essential armaments. In this dramatic sequel to Pieces of Silver, again set during World War I, Josef falls in love with one of the most patriotic women in America,who would surely have nothing to do with him if she knew his past.

My review:
This story was fantastic! Like Tricia Goyer, Maureen Lang can get you to fall in love with the characters and their stories and make you sad when the story ends. Yet, there is always a satisfying conclusion that will make you smile. I am a total fan of Lang's historicals. She had me cringing several times over the descriptions which were vivid and realistic to the point where I felt that lump forming in my throat. War is so devastating. At any rate, the main focus of the book was not so much the war as the story of two people fighting for what they believed. The court scenes were fabulous and the devastation of the flu epidemic was well done.

I don't want to give away some of the high points of the story because that will give away what happened, but I feel I can share that this story gives you a strong sense of patriotism and that glow you feel about American history. Overall, this story kept me on the edge of my seat. I really didn't know what would happen next. I detest a predictable story. Oh, and I was mentally living in 1917-1919 during WWI, also known as The Great War. It was that good. In fact, I can't think of a single weakness in this story. It made my heart sing. And this author is a master at dragging out the tension and building it until you want to either scream or cry with the characters. Fabulous historical fiction!!!

Remember Me was published by Kregel and released in February 2007.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share