Follow my blog!

Monday, April 16, 2007

My review of The Scarlet Trefoil by L. A. Kelly



Book Description:

Freed from a life of darkness, Tahn Dorn finds God's grace toward him a comfort he has never known before. He has put away his painful past and is looking forward to a bright, peaceful future with his bride-to-be. But the past returns to haunt him, threatening to ruin all that he loves. On the eve of their blessed union, Lady Netta's gilded carriage is attacked by a team of rogue bandits hired by the ruthless Baron Lionell Trent. Despite the barons noble talk and pretended peace, Lionell lures Tahn into a trap that will secure his own hold on the House of Trent. Can Tahn free his true love? Or will his dream be forever lost?

My review:

I've always enjoyed historicals from the era of knights, castles and ladies in waiting. This story began with danger and treachery and escalated until I thought for sure there was no way the mess Tahn found himself in could get any worse. The author did a fabulous job pulling me into the story, making me care about the characters, and giving me just enough info to get a feel for the two previous books in the series without telling me too many boring facts (This is book 3.) The author also brought the story to a satisfying conclusion without leaving loose ends that make you want to hurl the book at the wall.

The love story was great, the abuse--brutal, the villains--evil, and the resolution believable, yet miraculous. Wonderful story. I just wish I'd read the first two books first because I can see from Tahn's transformation that he suffered a lot and I would've enjoyed getting to know him better before finding out how it all ends. This can be read as a "stand alone" title, but I think it would be even better as the true conclusion to the series.

The Scarlet Trefoil was published by Revell and released in March 2007.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share