Follow my blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thoughts on what I'm reading right now.

I deleted The Watchers by Mark Andrew Olsen from my list because my son took it and he's reading it right now. So until he's done, I'm setting it aside. Ironically, my husband loved it and so he keeps raving about it and telling me he is biting his tongue to not tell me about the story. My teenage son hears this, and of course is not as interested in the book now (probably just "because") yet he won't let me have it back just yet, either. Told you it was ironic.

I was about to give up on Reclaiming Nick by Susan May Warren by the end of chapter 2, but as promised I went on to chapter 3 and now I'm starting to like it so I'm going to continue with this one.

I'm enjoying the non-fiction title called What Jane Austen Taught Me About Love and Romance by Debra White Smith. This book makes me think of Kristen Billerbeck and all of those other Pride and Prejudice fans out there. According to Debra, only the mature reader would truly understand the story in its entirety and the depth of emotion the novel entails. Go, Kristin!

Anyway, I'm still reading the vampire book (gasp) but forgot the title and author's name (and I'm at lunch now and not at home) so I'll add it later. I've been very tired the past few nights so my reading has been much less than normal. Also, I picked up Letter Perfect by Cathy Marie Hake again last night. It is a pretty cute story. There were similar themes in a few books I just read so I hope I don't get too confused. Eek!

I started Pursuit of Justice by Pamela Tracey on Saturday. It starts with a bang and hasn't slowed down yet. I'm enjoying this one. Her LI Suspense was just released two weeks ago so if you want it you need to go to a Kmart, Wal-mart, Target, etc. to get this baby before it is no longer on the shelf.

One more thing. I'm almost finished with the non-fiction title Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This by Jenn Doucette. I love this book. It's hilarious. I have a friend who needs encouragement so after I finish the last two chapters and write a review I'm going to have my friend read this one. Parenting can be so hard sometimes that you need a good laugh to keep pressing on.

Oh, and I almost forgot! These Shoes Weren't Made for Walking by Melody Carlson is so fabulous I can hardly stand it! This one is going to be near the top of my chick lit list of favorites. To be continued later...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share