Follow my blog!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wedgewood Grey by John Aubrey Anderson is up on CFBA this week!

Buy a copy of Wedgewood Grey! click here

Go to the author's website! click here

Book description:
Missy's friend Mose Washington does spiritual battle as he challenges a mob of white men who attack an innocent black woman. Unfortunately, it brings Mose more trouble than he can handle alone. When Missy and her new husband receive the news they return to Cat Lake to help, not knowing that the same old forces of darkness that have focused on Missy for years are anxiously awaiting her return.

My thoughts on the book:
This story is just as good as his last book, and in some ways it's even creepier. I don't recommend you read it at night before falling asleep. My husband read both books in the series in a few days (when he took some time off, which he NEVER does.) He said he keeps wanting to tell me what happens next, but so far he has resisted (with great difficulty). I work full time and that's the only reason I haven't finished this one yet. I'm currently on chapter 10. Mose is the main character. I think this can be read as a standalone even if you haven't read the first book. The spiritual warfare is intense. I nearly puked when they described the dead bodies and what the demon did to one that he'd inhabited. Great description, John, I'll be having scary dreams now! I haven't had them since I was last pregnant fourteen years ago! Seriously though, the author shows the power of prayer and an even deeper glimpse of the divine protection God has available to us if we ask Him. I am thoroughly impressed with this author's writing. Oh, and for the first nine chapters he only head hops once or twice. No big deal. Missy hasn't shown up yet through chapter nine. I'm glad she'll be arriving soon. I missed her. You'd think she was a real person or something. Sheesh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share