Follow my blog!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Just finished Leaving the Saints by Martha Beck...

Overall this book had some interesting points and some great sarcastic humor, but I don't know if I'd recommend it. There is some great insight into her abusive childhood. She also displays an amazing description of how victims see the world and are dead to life in so many ways because of that pain. Otherwise, I found some parts of the book droning on a bit too long and meandering in some places, so I skimmed through the last third of the book. Of course, I wish Martha had discovered Christ in the end, but not so. That said, this is the most you'll here from me regarding this unique autobiography of sorts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share