Follow my blog!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What I'm reading Thanksgiving week...

Still working on wrapping up Robert Elmer's series with his story Smuggler's Treasure. I'm enjoying it because I was a young adult in the 1980s and that is when the story takes place. I'm over half done with Promise Me Always by Christine Lynxwiler. It's an ARC and the typos are unreal--as in more than most advance review copies--but the story is good, so that makes up for it. I'm totally loving The Begotten by Lisa T. Bergren. What a fabulous historical fiction! The Middle Ages here I come! I love the whole concept of the story and the characters are fabulous! Truly! (Okay, so I overdid it with the exclamation marks, but I'm trying to get a point across here...) I haven't picked up Like Sheep Gone Astray in awhile. I need to get back to it soon. Next on my list are The Reluctant Burglar by Jill Elizabeth Nelson and Seahorse in the Thames by Susan Meissner.

For a short story I think I'll try That Wilder Boy by Kim Vogel Sawyer and the third book in the kid series--Landon Snow and the Island of Arcanum by Randy Mortenson (because it's coming up soon on the blog alliance that I belong to.) I also have to crack open Meredith Efken's @Home for the Holidays. It looks awesome and experience tells me (from reading book one) that this baby will be really great, too!

One last note...My son Nathan snatched up the book I received yesterday from the blog alliance. At least, I think that's where it came from. I dunno. I need to start keeping track. I need a spreadsheet guys!!! Anyhoo, the story is called A Pagan's Nightmare and it is authored by Ray Blackston. My son devoured that story and finished it in one day. I'm not kidding. Plus, he brought it to church with him and the cover is so crazy that there are now a lineup of people who are considering getting the book. :) Is that cool, or what? Now I can hardly wait to read it myself because my son has excellent taste in regards to books. After all, he loves mine, right? hehehehe

1 comment:

SHARLENE said...

My previous post failed to go through. This is just a test to see if I need to resubscribe to your blog membership.

Shar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share