Follow my blog!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What I'm reading this (almost) first week of November 2006...

First off, I topped 10,000 hits on my blog this morning after starting it in the middle of April 2006. So that's exciting. On to what I'm reading this week...
I'm about 1/3 of the way through Like Sheep Gone Astray by Leslie Sherrod. The tension persists and I'm intrigued by the conflict. I can't wait to see what happens when his wife figures out what's going on! I'm on chapter 7 of A Vow to Cherish. Deborah Raney really knows how to draw you into a story. I watched the movie when it first came out and have noticed some differences, but for the most part it's the same. It's different reading a book after you've seen the movie, but so far it's holding my interest. I started Relentless by Robin Parrish. My son told me months ago (when the book first arrived) that I had to be careful reading the story because he couldn't stop reading it and read it straight through (like he went to bed at 5 A.M. after continually telling himself...just one more chapter) so I put off reading this one until now. So far it's definitely different. I'm keeping it at work so there is no chance of a sleepless night for me. I'm still reading Trial by Ordeal by Craig Parshall. Poor guy probably thinks I don't like his book. I do, but haven't felt compelled to pick it up in a month or so mainly because it's not my favorite genre. I hope to read more this week. I'm also planning to begin Anna's Journey by Nancy Toback this week. I'm about half way through the non-fiction title How to Study the Bible (youth edition) by Tim LaHaye. I think we're going to follow the outline for our family Bible studies next year. The author has fabulous recommendations and I've tried a few things already and like his ideas. That's it for now. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

SHARLENE said...

Just finished A Vow to Cherish myself last night. What a wonderful book. So well done, factual, and realistic in its portrayal of Alzheimer's. At times I had to lay the book down, though, because it was TOO TRUE for me since my mom has the awful disease.

Oh, I've seen relentless but haven't picked it up yet. After reading your son's remarks, I'm going out to get it! I love an intriguing book.

See ya.

Shar

SHARLENE said...

Forgot to congratulate you on your 1K+ hits. Oh, my word! That's amazing, considering your blog is so new. You go, girl!
Hugs,
Shar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share