Follow my blog!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What I'm reading this 3rd week of August 2006

Another day, another dollar, or so they say. While working full-time takes up over forty hours every week, I still manage to slip in some quality reading. This week I'm reading The Good Nearby by Nancy Moser. The release date is October 2006. Great story! It’s right up there with Lisa Samson's latest. How do these ladies keep track of so many characters and do it so well?

Anyway, I'm also reading The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell. Another quality chick lit story, and lots of fun. I read EVERYTHING Siri writes! I'm still reading The Recital by Robert Elmer. Not sure why I'm dragging on this one. The writing is good and the story is interesting. Maybe it’s because the characters are much older than me. Hmmm...

I just picked up Georgia On Her Mind by Rachel Hauck. This is one easy read and very enjoyable for a chick lit novel. Then again, most of them are fun. Isn't that the point? I know, I know, I broke my own rule about reading two stories in the same genre at the same time. But Rachel's book literally yelled at me from the bookshelf and I heard it say it was feeling neglected. So, I, being the social worker I am, took that desperate book off the shelf and I'm glad I did. :)

I'm also reading Jack Cavanaugh's book Fury about the Great Awakenings back in mid 1800s in NY State (where I'm from.) That's an intriguing historical and kind of intense - you know… murder and all that... Like men tend to write. Blood and violence and intrigue and... :) Yah. I like each story. The trouble is going to be which book to pick up next after I finish one of these. I guess the one I finish first answers that question, eh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share