Follow my blog!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My review of Savanna's Gift by Camille Eide


About the book:

Forced to return to the ski lodge where she once worked, Savanna Holt is reminded of one special Christmas and how ambition led her to make the worst mistake of her life: Leaving Luke Nelson.

Stunned to discover Luke never left, but worked his way up from lift operator to manager, Savanna sees the opportunity as a gift from God. She’s determined to win Luke back. But Luke wants no reminders of his past hurt, or a relationship with the woman who put ambition before love.

Can Savanna convince Luke she’s changed and her interest isn't because of his position? And when her dream job beckons, will she sacrifice her dream for a second chance at love?


My review:

I don't normally enjoy Christmas-themed stories because some tend to be a bit sappy. I don't get warm fuzzies from sentimental stories either. This story wasn't sappy at all, and it truly warmed my heart. For a shorter novel, I was impressed with how much depth the story had. I read it quickly, but not because I skimmed through content. There was too much good stuff to savor and digest. I loved the conflict between the characters and the fact that the author laid a good foundation for the story. She made their past issues convincing enough where I bought their reasoning. And those yummy kisses. Whew! So if you like Christmas stories minus the sappy content and with a heavy dose of inspiring romance, you'll enjoy this one. I loved it!

Savanna's Gift was published by White Rose Publishing and released November 29, 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share