Follow my blog!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My review of True Love Begins with God by Bob Claycamp.


About the book: 

We have all been created to give and receive love. But the search to find that special "someone" who will be our true soul mate can seem so elusive. Within the pages of True Love Begins With God, we will explore what God has to say about this very important subject of LOVE.

My review: 


I really don't like to read non-fiction. Maybe one out of every ten books I start that are non-fiction actually get read to the end. This book is one of the few that I can say truly inspired me. It made me think. It made me laugh at times. And yes, I even got a bit tearful on occasion. There were so many nuggets of truth to digest. This is the perfect Bible study book for singles, couples, and families. Seriously, there is so much to glean from this book.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading something this much that had to do with studying a particular book in the Bible. Now starting out I wasn't sure how I'd feel since I know the pastor personally. He did my oldest son's baby dedication nearly 20 years ago. So I bought the book to support him, but it was with a bit of trepidation I began reading. I mean, who wants to give someone they know and love a bad review, right? I'd rather not review it at all. At least not publicly. Thankfully this wasn't an issue.

The funny thing is that I enjoyed the examples and stories so much I found myself grabbing my husband frequently and saying, "Hey listen to this." Then I'd read the part that inspired me or made me smile. Seriously, I am very glad I read this book. I highly recommend it and think it would be particularly inspiring for home groups to study. I hope sales take off because if Christians all understood that true love begins with God, and studied what 1 Corinthians teaches in such depth (as the author does in this book) then it would overhaul our families, our country, and even touch the world.

Seriously, I found it quite convicting in some places, so it's not for those living in denial or who want to believe they have already arrived. Be prepared for a little heart surgery when you read this, but if it results in a healed and restored heart and better relationships, then it would be worth it, right?

True Love Begins with God was published by Intermedia Publishing Group and first released in December 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share