Follow my blog!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My review of Crushed by Barbara Ellen Brink!

Crushed: A Fredrickson Winery Novel (Volume 2)About the book:


Creating the perfect wine can sometimes be murder... When Adam Fredrickson shows up at his sister’s California winery, footloose and carefree, looking for a temporary job and a chance to play his music, he doesn’t expect to find the winery struggling financially, or that the girl next door might just be the girl of his dreams. Margaret Parker, a single mom, newly hired as Chief winemaker at Fredrickson's, finds her simple world put to the test when her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and the man who got her pregnant at fifteen, shows up from Italy wanting to play daddy nine years too late. It's crush time at Fredrickson Winery and everyone is working feverously to get the grapes in and ensure a great vintage. No one expects murder to be part of the joyous harvest season.


My review:

I love how Brink writes and how she crafts her suspense stories. There is just enough realism and angst from the suspense element and a little romance to warm everything up. She does a fantastic job with romantic tension, too. I was feeling it and it was enjoyable indeed. I appreciated how this story tied into the first book, though you could probably read this book as a stand alone and still enjoy it very much. I've learned a lot about making wine and vineyards from reading this series. 

The romance developing between Adam and Margaret (Meg) was yummy indeed. They were good for each other and needed to be together, but like any good romantic suspense, that has to get all jacked up to make the story an intriguing one. I loved seeing the characters from the previous books and experiencing the twists and turns in the story. There was also a bit of amateur sleuthing by Adam, which is always entertaining. The ending was killer too. This author has hooked me into the series and I'll be looking for the third installment. Bring it on!


Crushed was published by CreateSpace and released in March 2011. A copy of this book was given to me to review by the author. The opinion expressed above is entirely my own.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I agree with your review of the book, Crushed. I am only sorry that there is not a third book to pick up right now! Enough twists, and details to engage the reader and just enough descriptions to educate without belaboring a point. I love the entertainment and anxiously wait for more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share