Follow my blog!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book review for The Unexpected Bride by Debra Ullrick

The Unexpected Bride (Love Inspired Historical)About the book:


After the disaster of his first marriage, Haydon Bowen has no intention of marrying again. Unfortunately, his brother has some intentions of his own, and plans to see to it that Haydon finds happiness once more. So he answers a "groom wanted" advertisement—in Haydon's name—and sends Haydon to meet his new bride at the stagecoach stop!

For beautiful, cultured Rainelle Devonwood, any dangers she may face in the Idaho Territories are preferable to staying with her abusive brother. So even when Rainee learns she's a mistakenly ordered bride, she won't let Haydon drive her away. She's up to the challenge of life on the difficult, demanding frontier…and the greater challenge of opening Haydon's heart again. 

My review:

Heartwarming and inspirational, The Unexpected Bride delighted me. For real. I love historical romance anyway, and the more interesting the characters the more I like it. This romance was more than a one-kiss-at-the-end novel, which I appreciated. There was humor, adventure, and enough action to hold my interest. I read the story quickly. The spiritual thread was well done and felt natural to me. I have read a number of books where there are misunderstandings, but they often feel forced. This story was believable to me and so was the conflict. I wanted to be part of Haydon's family as much as Rainee did. She was a lovable heroine and I could see why Haydon let down his guard despite his initial resistance. I loved watching him slowly melt because of her sweet spirit and tender personality, but at the same time she had some fire and strength in her. He admired that and so did I. I loved all of the characters in this story because they were well-developed. This is another example of why I enjoy Love Inspired Historical romances more than any other LI fiction imprint. 


The Unexpected Bride was published by Love Inspired Historical fiction line and was released in May 2011. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share