Follow my blog!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My niece is in the Washington Post! She attends Thomas Jefferson High School, the #1 school in the nation!

My niece Alexandria Sutton (my brother's daughter) is the young lady on the left in this picture. I'm so proud of her! The article is about lack of diversity. There are 1764 students at TJ High (top high school in the nation where the average SAT score is almost 2200 out of 2400) and only 4 students are black. My niece is one of them. She is in the picture below and is quoted. She is also in the fifth picture in the photo gallery.

Black, Hispanic students dwindle at elite Va. public school...

Years of efforts to raise black and Hispanic enrollment at the regional school in Fairfax County have failed.

2 comments:

Joy Tamsin David said...

Whew, those are some high test averages. Your niece sounds like one smart cookie. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!
It's such a small world! That's where I lived for several years & still live less than an hour away! Though I'll admit that as far as diversity goes - our school is much better but mostly because it's a private school & we have an outreach & scholarship program.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share