Follow my blog!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My review of Premiere (On the Runway, book 1) by Melody Carlson.

Premiere (On the Runway)

About the book:

A recipe for success or a design for disaster?Although they're sisters, Paige and Erin Forrester are like oil and water, night and day, denim and silk. Paige is an outgoing fashionista who loves to be the center of attention, while Erin is more comfortable sporting vintage garb and recording the action around her. When a near disaster turns into the opportunity of a lifetime, these two very-different sisters are given the chance to star in their own fashion-TV show. A guest spot on a hot teen-reality series and their first big red-carpet assignment give this unlikely partnership plenty of room for success---and even more for failure.

My review:

I enjoyed this story because it was a bit different since the character Erin was the only Christian in her family. She was also the one who never wanted to be in the limelight. Her sister was beautiful and talented. Her mom was involved in the entertainment industry through the local news. I enjoyed reading those segments. I also enjoyed the dating scenarios and the reality show aspect of the novel. It felt very behind-the-scenes so the setting seemed natural to me.

I wished there had been more romance in the story because it seemed lacking in romantic tension. I did like the message in the story and how the author didn't make the girls crazy and worldly. Plus, the character Erin seemed natural to me. I liked how her sister Paige ended up listening to her when she had her crisis over Benjamin. I'm not into fashion or haute couture, so that didn't do much for me. I'm not even sure if I spelled it right. I read the teaser for the next book and honestly, it didn't turn me on, so I probably won't be reading it. But I did enjoy this first book in the series. It was interesting and fun, and not too heavy-handed in the faith department.


Compelling read

Premiere was published by Zondervan and released in June 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post

Bookmark and Share